On Ma, 2007-06-18 at 23:01 +0900, Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:

> Friedel,
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> To put it simply, I did:
>
> oo2po and then po2tm from the .sdf file that compose the current job.
>
> At first I did not notice anything but after a few segments, I found
> what I was lucky to capture in the screenshot I linked to the other day:
>
> http://www.eskimo.com/~helary/_files/session_omegat.png
>
> the green background segment is the oo2po file pretty much without
> modifications (notice the fact that all the "\" are doubled, the "\\"
> even come as "\\\")

So this is the PO file, am I correct? Does OmegaT handle the escapes in
the PO file? Does the actual PO file (opened in a normal text editor)
have \\\" or something else? This would of course mean  \"  since both
the backslash and the double quote must be escaped in PO files (along
with newlines and tabs). In TMX they are of course put in unescaped as
\" since the escaping is not necessary for TMX.

Would this explain what you are seeing?

> the lower part shows you the po2tmx segment matching the current
> source: the contents should be identical but you'll see that there
> are systematically "\" missing.
>
> I re-created the tmx with Heartsome's XLFEdit and got a file matching
> the source segment properly.
>
> The original .sdf does not contain the extra "\" though, so I suppose
> they are put there in the oo2po process, which is fine, as long as
> they stay there all the way :)
>
> JC

Well, not when converted to an XML based type, I would say. In the same
way a left angular bracket (<) can be put normally (unescaped) in a PO
file, but in TMX it would have to go in as &lt;

Is this helping?