On 18 juin 07, at 22:22, Alessandro Cattelan wrote:

Hi,
starting from today I'll have some more free time to dedicate to OOo
L10N so I'd like to start working on it. I'm wondering whether the
Italian team should use OmegaT or poEdit to translate the OLH and
possibly the GUI (using Pootle as a translation workflow manager).

Petr, Rafaella, can I go ahead and use OmegaT?

Ale,

I noticed that the TMX I created with translate-toolkit from the pseudo-translated .sdf are not useable because for some reason the po2tmx script systematically removed one escape "\" character from the original po file.

I had to use a non-free tool to create the TMX, but if Rafaella and SUN can provide the teams with a TMX of the 2.2.1 strings then I personally think that OmegaT (because of the automatic matching) is the tool of choice for the people who are used to it. Besides for the fact that you can leverage your old TMX with it too.

JC