Jean-Christophe Helary ha scritto:

On 23 déc. 07, at 23:36, Alessandro Cattelan wrote:

I'd like to add one more thing on the OLT tools: to make them usable, the TM engine should be improved. As it is now it takes me from two to over five second to switch from one segment to the other when I load a big TM (such as the one provided by Sun for the OOo L10N) - and I'm running Windows Xp or Linux on a dual core machine with 1GB RAM.

Ale,

I've used the small utility I've talked about in an earlier post (sdf2txt.jar) and with that, OmegaT, the whole TMX and the whole StarOffice glossaries I was able to manage the UI translation without any performance problems on a CoreDuo 2ghz and 2gb of RAM. I have set the Java parameters to use 1gb of RAM if I remember well. And after loading the whole project (a few seconds) I had instant matching in OmegaT.

Actually, I was not talking about OmegaT: it takes me a little longer to load the project but then I also get instant matching. However, I've tried to translate the same files using the same TM with OmegaT and with the OLT XLIFF Editor and I noticed the poor OLT performance with a big TM.
A.

Alessandro Cattelan
Freelance translator (EN, ES --> IT)
http://www.proz.com/profile/76355