On 10.3.2008, at 20:26, Olivier Hallot wrote:

-1.

Pootle-OO related traffic here expect to slow as skills get built.

No. It is not about skills of people using it. The problem is as follows:

- we think that Pootle could be usefull for some teams

- Pootle is unusable for some (e.g. you can't use it to define new locale XML file, you can't change the source code in l10n related stuff with it, or you simply use different translation method or translate OOo)

- I do not want people for whom Pootle is unusable to be forced to spend their time on reading Pootle related messages (even if there is only one per month!)

Repeat after me: pootle translation method is not l10n, it is one method from several translation methods and translation is subset of l10n.

And according to the proposed guidelines of workflow, there have to be some communication from the maintainers of pootle to their users. This communication have caused a lot of questions in the past (and you do not see them all - some went directly in my mailbox).
--
Pavel Janík