Op Maandag 2008-04-07 skryf André Schnabel:
> Hi,
>
> F Wolff schrieb:
> >
> > I don't know if I am stating the obvious, but just wanted to remind
> > people that Pootle exposes many quality checks, which should stop
> > gsierrors from entering the translations.
> > The checks called 'variables', 'xmltags' and 'escapes' are the important
> > ones. Not all of them might necessarily be problems, but should help you
> > to avoid problems with gsicheck.
> >
> > This view is available with: Show editing functions -> Show checks.
> >

> thanks for the hint. I never tried this function, as the translation in
> the German UI of pootle is missleading.

Thanks for the feedback, André. The translations of the Pootle interface
is maintained at http://pootle.locamotion.org - perhaps you can
contribute there, since you understand the context of that message
better. Also feel free to help us add good comments to the translation
to help translators understand it better.

> But anyway - i tried it now, but the errors found within pootle do not
> match the errors reported by gsicheck. So it seems "nice" that the
> checks are there, but it does not ensure, that gsichek will be passed.
>
> André

I would really like to know these details, since it is definitely our
intention to report at least all the errors that gsicheck reports.
Please help us if there are any errors that we missed - perhaps they
were added to gsicheck more recently, or there is a bug in our error
detection around this. I believe the quality checks is a powerful way
for translators to review possibly problematic strings.

Friedel