Hi,

Rafaella Braconi wrote:
Hi Andre,

really thank you for initiating this thread to gather the requirements.
Please see my commetns below:

On 04/14/09 21:19, André Schnabel wrote:
[...]
I'd ask you to answer these questions (at least those of you who can
provide good input).

- What are the requirements of the native lang teams?
E.g. do we really need full installation sets on each platform (even
several installation sets  for some platforms). Do we need all the
packages at the same time? Do we need the files on the mirror network
... (these are just some items that come tomy mind).
I think that the requirements should be defined based on the purpose. I can identify 3 major milestones: - l10n testing: this usually happens after the translated files are delivered to verify the quality of the product form the l10n perspective before the translations get integrated into the master. For this purpose, CWS builds are used - Verification of translation progress and l10n testing: some teams would like to see their translation efforts before the translation is 100% completed. For this purpose, I would recommend to use developer builds
You are proposing to prepare developer builds for some more languages? Do you have some rough criteria in mind when this starts to be useful?

- Releasing localized builds: in order to release the builds, the language teams need to approve a RC build. For this purpose full installation sets are needed.
- (just to mention it separately) After approval an RC is distributed as final.

Greetings
Stefan