Hi Reiko,
Reiko Saito wrote:
Hi all,

I am Japanese Language Lead at Sun, and working for JA glossary
with OO.o JA translation team.

I understand SunGloss is not handy enough to allow
direct update except for Terminologist role.

Here is my personal idea.  It is no problem that the community
uses another tool to manage glossary.  The important thing is
to keep the format and translation policy compatible between
Sun and Community.

For example, Community tool and Sun tool can be different
in the interface and how to manage terms.  But the following
should be consistent:

1. File format when downloaded, e.g. TBX

2. Terminology (translation) policy

If the format is compatible, we can find a way to
synchronize the contents.

It's a very good idea, thanks for sharing it.

If the terminology selection/definition and translation
policy is common, we can share the terms in both translation.
This is important especially for the users.  Whoever translates.
the terms have to be consistent to improve the usability.

yes

Let me talk to Sun engineer to confirm which format Sun
can provide, other than current one for SunGloss.

Thanks again, it's very important for us.

Kind regards
Sophie