Suchan,

I will take the Yocto alignment as an example as it's very close to your need.

If you log in Tizen jira (your ID and passwd are your default Tizen ID). You will be able to use the filter bellow.
   https://bugs.tizen.org/jira/issues/?filter=14499

That filter simply list all the tasks and issues entered in Jira with label Yocto. Label, in jira are free text which ease grouping of activities. It's not required but makes life easier.

If I take TC-2239 as example (makedepend: bump to version 1.0.5). You will notice that it is listed as a feature rather than a bug. To be honest that is a details but it help to keep our stats and the process clean I see in the description which is was blocking the generic feature TC-1964 (Yocto Build of Tizen). This is case for all the tasks related to the alignment of Tizen and Yocto.

It allows, when you look at the generic feature TC-1964 to see what is the progress of all sub tasks. In short, it creates an automatic Dashboard.
  https://bugs.tizen.org/jira/browse/TC-1964
Status usage is pretty simple :
  - New              No one is yet assign as has looked  to it.
- Accepted We have assigned someone and we should have an estimated date for completion entered (not always the case). - Resolved The developer has done the work and Git/Gerrit Tag given in the comments allows to locate the work. - Released The RE has integrated the work in the image and tests are OK. For more details on the feature work flow (a bit different of the issue/bug workflow) get a look at :
https://bugs.tizen.org/jira/plugins/servlet/workflow/thumbnail/getThumbnail?workflowName=TizenTaskWorkflowSimple1&stepId=3&width=full&height=full

So in your situation, you need to create a generic Tasks which describe what and why you need to back port 2.3 API. Ideally you want to list an email in the public mailing list toward a discussion which has accepted the new feature (remember a No comment on a proposition is equivalent to a Yes: Consent is by default). Please note that the communication on the Dev mailing list on the What and Why has not been done yet and is urgently needed.

Then you create a (sub) task for each package which needs work to implement your global task and you mark each of them as a blocker for your generic Task (yes that part is a bit of a pain). Then you follow the work flow for each sub tasks putting comment when needed (in particular Gerrit commit ID) and change the status when applicable.

Any one can follow your progress status by looking at the generic feature. Once all done, mark the generic feature as Released.

If you need more help or info, please let us know.

Regards

Dominig ar Foll
Senior Software Architect
Open Source Technology Centre