On 01/07/2015 05:53 PM, Dominig ar Foll (Intel OTC) wrote:
> Le 07/01/2015 09:45, Carsten Haitzler a écrit :
>> Please note that the communication on the Dev mailing list on the What
>> and Why has not been done yet and is urgently needed.
>> by now it's a bit late - the api's are set in stone and the commits
>> related to this thread are simply mechanically pushing them in.
>>
>> any review/discussion should be happening at the stage when new api's
>> are designed/decided. imho tizen is not the forum for that. each of
>> these tizen native/core libraries is basically an upstream project of
>> its own - it just so happens that right now that project lives in the
>> tizen 2.3 branches/repos/trees.
>>

> I understand that the 2.3 API are defined but it still important to
> let all the community to know where it needs to be back ported as it
> could create conflicts in some areas.
> Furthermore in SW, "set in stone" is still quite flexible :-)

once apis are defined as supported for 3rd parties - hey are set in
stone. breaking them means breaking 3rd party apps. that is simply
unacceptable. breaking of 3rd party apps simply shouldn't happen unless
there literally is zero other choice (eg we had a design bug that there
was no fix for no matter how ugly the workaround).

> If we find conflict issues, we will need to fix them and while we want
> to protect legacy APIs, that might not be always 100% possible.

this should be done long before it gets to tizen git repos - at the
design stage for such changes. i'm saying that adding review and process
at this stage of the pipeline is worrying about the train long after
it's left the station. :)

> Regards
>
> Dominig

The above message is intended solely for the named addressee and may
contain trade secret, industrial technology or privileged and
confidential information otherwise protected under applicable law
including the Unfair Competition Prevention and Trade Secret Protection
Act. Any unauthorized dissemination, distribution, copying or use of the
information contained in this communication is strictly prohibited. If
by email and delete this communication immediately.