On Wednesday 07 January 2015 18:25:04 Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> > I understand that the 2.3 API are defined but it still important to
> > let all the community to know where it needs to be back ported as it
> > could create conflicts in some areas.
> > Furthermore in SW, "set in stone" is still quite flexible
>
> once apis are defined as supported for 3rd parties - hey are set in
> stone. breaking them means breaking 3rd party apps. that is simply
> unacceptable. breaking of 3rd party apps simply shouldn't happen unless
> there literally is zero other choice (eg we had a design bug that there
> was no fix for no matter how ugly the workaround).

What is unacceptable is not being allowed to review.

There were multiple offers for review at the time when the APIs were being
designed, but no opportunity for that was given. Not even to ensure
compatibility with 3.0 needs, such as multiuser or 3-domain SMACK.

Therefore, we still reserve the right to review. If a feature is found to be
incompatible with a major Tizen 3 goal, it can and will be modified (or even
removed), regardless of whether 3rd parties may be using it.