On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 3:36 PM, Ryan McKinley <ryan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> As a maven user (not an expert by any means), the maven stuff in
> 3.x/trunk is actually pretty good.  Running:
>  ant generate-maven-artifacts -Dmaven.dist.dir=maven -Dversion=4.0.rxxx
> makes a folder (maven) with everything it needs.  This is *very* easy
> for maven apps to test against.

which maven apps test these though? I have no way to know if things are
correct.
see LUCENE-2268

> What are the deploy steps that we are talking about dropping/changing?

anything having to do with maven at all.
i dont understand why we (apache) need to be involved? why cant someone who
really knows maven do this, and do it right?

since i have been around, it seems the "maven" is wrong in nearly every
release[1] including even bugfix releases.
if i am going to be the one making artifacts, i want them to be right.

[1]:
Lucene/Solr 3.x, 4.0: SOLR-2041, SOLR-2055
Solr 1.4.1: SOLR-1977
Solr 1.4: SOLR-981
Lucene 2.9.1, 3.0: LUCENE-2107
Lucene 2.9.0:  LUCENE-1927