On the wiki are two pages listing out projects that use Solr:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrEcosystem
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/IntegratingSolr

I noticed that they have become stale and was going to update them.   Maybe
they could have more prominence in the Solr site?  But keep them community
driven since things change so quickly.

Eric

> On Nov 24, 2014, at 10:35 AM, Alexandre Rafalovitch <arafa...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Well, a start would be to actually have an up-to-date list of Solr
> clients. I have the list, if somebody knows where it should go (Ref
> Guide). I don't want to contribute this to WIKI as we are trying to
> get rid of it.
>
> Then somebody (Summer of Code project?) would derive from that a list
> of clients that are up-to-date (a very different story). This would
> require a high-level set of features that clients are expected to
> cover. I have some thinking around that I am happy to share in a rough
> form.
>
> I would also - as mentioned before - setup a mailing list for all the
> client developers to discuss new features in a common way.
>
> Do not think of this as a primarily code problem - think of it as a
> community consolidation and establishing clear interfaces to the
> downstream projects.
>
> Regards,
>   Alex.
>
> Personal: http://www.outerthoughts.com/ and @arafalov
> Solr resources and newsletter: http://www.solr-start.com/ and @solrstart
> Solr popularizers community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=6713853
>

> On 24 November 2014 at 10:24, Noble Paul <noble.p...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> This has been a constant pain point for Solr. Java client is a first class
>> client where it benefits from knowing the correct servers to communicate to
>> because it is aware of the clusterstate. The java client also has the
>> advantage of using the faster and compact binary format.
>>
>> We will need to build these basic capabilities built in other languages such
>> as  C++, C# and provide bindings for other languages
>> . We are aware of this need and any suggestions to address this are welcome
>>
>> On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 2:08 PM, Anurag Sharma <anura...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Solr interface is through REST API's which makes it easy to integrate with
>>> any platform and do binding any language.
>>>
>>> Each developer have to write common code to do the api bindings if using
>>> Solr in non java framework/platform. This overhead can be reduced by
>>> building client sdk's/libraries for popular languages and platforms e.g.
>>> - web: js, ruby, python
>>> - mobile: Objective C, Swift, C#
>>> - other: C++,  Scala, perl, php
>>>
>>> Also, this can significantly reduce time to Solr on-boarding when using
>>> non java platform.
>>>
>>> Suggestions?
>>>

>> --

Eric Pugh | Principal | OpenSource Connections, LLC | 434.466.1467 |
http://www.opensourceconnections.com | My Free/Busy
Co-Author: Apache Solr 3 Enterprise Search Server
This e-mail and all contents, including attachments, is considered to be
Company Confidential unless explicitly stated otherwise, regardless of whether
attachments are marked as such.