On 1 December 2014 at 09:51, Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com> wrote:
> I once asked the SolrNET developers if they would like to move their effort
> to Apache and become a certified client library, but the response was
> lukewarm.
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/solrnet/apache$20lucene$20sub$20project/solrnet/lM5Xul7_nCg/5cj-iz8xbZUJ

And without knowing about that thread, I emailed again right from the
Revolution 2014 floor when Grant announced the new focus on clients.
No reply. Probably offended Mauricio :-(

Either way, SolrNet's biggest issue is that the current public release
does not work with recent Solr due to the interface change (some
commit flag got dropped). Recompiling it from source works fine
though. I raised that issue on the list before and the answer was that
the release needs to have full documentation (good idea) and that
somebody else should contribute that documentation (ouch). So, that's
where we stand.

Regards,
   Alex.

Personal: http://www.outerthoughts.com/ and @arafalov