I'd like to get SOLR-8812 resolved, but since the problem is also in
5.5 it's one of those cases where if I can get it resolved without
rushing for 6.0 I will, otherwise for 6.0.1 or 6.1 or whatever.

Nick: Let's assume that a patch (actually, there is one but I haven't
looked at it and won't be able to until next week) gets through the
process before you re-spin 6.0. Any objections to including it?

And "let me be clear"... if other issues get resolved and 6.0 is
re-spun before this gets resolved, as far as I'm concerned we'll just
resolve it later....

Erick