> Right - there's no need to try and make promises about the future.  It
> seems unrelated to the questions at hand here.

To be clear... I don't see any of this as promises -- obviously
nothing happens until there is somethign concrete to evaluate.

The point of this thread (for me anyway) is to raise my concerns, see
what people are thinking, and be transparent about my choices.

This discussion has made me feel like the right choice (for me) is to
pursue spatial development somewhere else -- likely osgeo -- and down
the road figure out how that could/should fit with solr.

ryan