There's been a fairly recent discussion about it on the mailing list
(David Smiley and were involved in that discussion, among other
people). There are many different takes on how to handle fix-for and
branches. I don't think we can find the "best" strategy, although
perhaps we can agree on something project-specific. I've expressed my
opinion on that previous post, but I'm open to any strategy.

Dawid