Mayya, I created backport for Adrien's issue here, to try to help out:
https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/pull/2495

Personally, I felt that merging non-trivial changes from main branch
to 8.x has some additional risks when cherry-picking:
* structural changes in main branch making merging more difficult
(e.g. LUCENE-9705 reorganization of codec versioning, great change
moving forwards though)
* there are many style changes due to spotless in main branch which
add noise to merging against old code.
* In the specific case of LUCENE-9827, the usual additional tricky
backwards compatibility for 8.x must be added in the backport (due to
minor version bumps there) which can go wrong.

I still think that particular change is worth considering for 8.9, it
isn't just a performance bug but also a huge improvement to test
coverage that helps combat risks.

But we should still take some precautions when releasing an 8.x IMO:
* be mindful of what we are backporting and the risks involved: it is harder.
* try to let jenkins bake changes in 8.x branches for longer than
usual? even a few days really helps.