Hello Rosana,

thanks for your mail.

Thank you for your answers, I will get into more detail now so we can discuss the video contest idea. I think the first thing to do is to find out how important such a contest could be for OOo. Is there a real need for marketing material, like promotional videos? Could it be important to promote the contest itself among students and artists who might not know well OOo? Is there any topic that deserves more attention and promotion on OOo? I think that making clear if and how important such a contest could be, can help deciding what kind of efforts we should make. So let me know what you think.

I think that everything that helps to promote OOo is quite important for us. Regarding marketing material, we have lots of items missing - even the logo page for 3.0 isn't complete as of now, so in this area we have a huge miss. See also Mechtildes demand for 3.0 CD covers, which we don't have online yet as well.

We had some contests in the past, and not all of them went good. Often we had less participants or the results weren't good. However, as written also earlier, I definitely do not want to discourage you from making this contest. From what I understood you have time to manage the contest, which is essential - good contests need time, and the better support you can give, the better it will be. :-)

So, from my point of view, sure, let's go on! I will keep myself in the background, as others have more experience in video contests than I do, but I'll follow the thread and jump in when needed.

Looking forward to the results!

Florian