On Fri, 2008-12-19 at 17:15 +0100, Rosana Ardila wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I wanted to introduce myself to the OpenOffice.org marketing project. I
> will be working at Sun until the end of April, also helping with the
> marketing for OpenOffice.org. And I want to use the time to work with
> and in behalf of the OpenOffice.org community.
>
> I am very interested in Free and Open Source Software in general and
> have been using OOo for years, recommending it to everybody. So I'm glad
> to have the opportunity now to do the same in a bigger channel.
>
> I have an idea I would like to share with you and put to discussion. I
> thought it would be interesting to organize a video contest for OOo.
> Short videos (30 secs) would show what OOo and its community are, and
> why the project is so special. Young artists, students and creative
> community members could create great material, from their different
> cultural perspectives.That's just a very short description, I can send
> yo later some detailed information about a possible organization. Let me
> know your thoughts on this.

Hi Rosana, sounds a great idea. I will publicise it on our community
site where we have upwards of 3000 school learners doing projects for
their IT qualifications. They could use such a video for their Level 2
certificates. We might also be able to offer some small prizes for the
competition. This is a bit like what we did for the Otto mascot some
years ago and I think it is about time we did something else like this.

--
Ian
Ofqual Accredited IT Qualifications