Nope. They are potential plugin "developers" that's all.

> > There are some cases where a contributor could be considered a
> > developer. For example the AspectJ plugin has been almost completely
> > rewritten by Carlos and Carlos is at the level of a developer. But
he
> > hasn't commit rights. However, what I'd like to do is propose to him
> > become an AspectJ plugin developer. The only problem is that commit
> > rights are for maven-plugins in general and not for a given plugin.
I'll
> > start a discussion on this.
>

> Yes. I think that we can have developers with a commiter role but also
> developers without it.

That's why we have separated "developers" and "contributors". I don't
see what is the problem with this? Is your problem with the semantic of
the words?

> My principal concern is that we duplicate users' information even
though
> we
> try with maven to centralize data through repositories :-(

No. Developers are not the same for different plugins.

> Shouldn't we work on a repository used to store contacts (or an API to
> retrieve this from LDAP) or on a mechanism to store users descriptions
as
> artifacts ??

I personally don't see the need.

Thanks