http://wiki.codehaus.org/maven/EnsureProjectConsistencyWithEntities#head
-
> 0334f6bb02fb7b3100b66778b92b875578e0a089
> Won't it be simpler ??
>

> If we keep developers as it is now, is there a rule to add someone as
> developer.

If a developer (i.e. someone with commit rights) makes a minor change
(like add a license header file, change a date, etc), he should probably
not add himself as a developer. However, if he makes a feature
contribution or fixes some feature bug (vs just change for example the
<version> ordering in project.xml) then he could add himself (up to
him).

Anyway, that's my definition and what I try to follow as a rule.

> If someone apply a patch it is stupid to be considered him as a
developer
> ??

For me, developers are the persons who have commit rights on the
project. Person who contribute patches are contributors.

There are some cases where a contributor could be considered a
developer. For example the AspectJ plugin has been almost completely
rewritten by Carlos and Carlos is at the level of a developer. But he
hasn't commit rights. However, what I'd like to do is propose to him to
become an AspectJ plugin developer. The only problem is that commit
rights are for maven-plugins in general and not for a given plugin. I'll
start a discussion on this.

[snip]

Thanks
-Vincent