Arnaud wrote:

> Yes. But we use the same declaration for a developer (or contributor) in
> several project.xml.
> Actually a developer is defined by a name, an email, ...
> Someone asked some month ago to have a messengerId.
> We can think that it all this data could be retrieved from a single
> repository or from an LDAP Directory?
> Is it useful to duplicate this data in all project.xml files ??

I think you're reaching an interesting point here.

The developer information should be retrieved from an external
repository, this being an LDAP or a simple global XML file shared by all
projects.

Otherwise you have a maintenance burdain on big projects.

Furthermore, it introduces unnecessary dependencies. If I travel for a
while, and my timezone is affected I don't see why I should modify the
project files. Sounds counterproductive to me.

Jerome

PS: Arnaud I noticed that your reply-to field seems to default to your
email instead of the list's one when you use your laposte.net account or
apache.org account. Probably because you override it there. Doesn't do
it with your axway account. I am not sure if it's a bug or a setting in
ezmlm. Sound strange to me reply-to should default to the list,
shouldn't it?