ok for this.
But in this case we must use roles to define this.
We could use entities like it is defined in the wiki ?
http://wiki.codehaus.org/maven/EnsureProjectConsistencyWithEntities#head-0334f6bb02fb7b3100b66778b92b875578e0a089
Won't it be simpler ??

If we keep developers as it is now, is there a rule to add someone as developer.

If someone apply a patch it is stupid to be considered him as a developer ??