On Sunday 21 November 2004 02:14, Vincent Massol wrote:
> Hi Maven devs,
>
> I think there's a need to allow specifying when some artifacts
> are only to be looked for in the local repository. For example,
> in a multiproject the local repository is used to share private
> artifacts between the subprojects. These private artifacts are
> not meant to be uploaded to a Maven remote repo.

Perhaps this has already been discussed - if so I apologize.

Beyond the performance aspects, I see a need for being able to
specify a repository on an artifact basis. Here at Cobalt we deal
with three fundamental types of artifacts - released to production,
released to QA, and bleeding edge. 95% of the time dev will pick up
a snapshot or a released version. But there is always the case
where a dev needs a bleeding edge artifact from another team. (I
can't assume that a dev will have access to the source of that
other artifact)

Snapshots and released artifacts cover our first two types -
released to prod and QA. But I currently don't see a way to handle
a third, or fourth, type with out being able to specify where to
look for an artifact.

I noticed that Jörg Schaible's post kinda made the same point with
the suggestion of a <repository> tag in the dependency element.

Hows does any of this fit into"in situ" artifacts?

-steve

Stephen Nesbitt
Senior Configuration Management Engineer
The Cobalt Group
206.219.8271
[EMAIL PROTECTED]