On 01/07/2009, at 6:01 AM, Brian Fox wrote:

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 11:58 AM, Brett Porter<br...@apache.org> wrote:

On 01/07/2009, at 1:47 AM, nicolas de loof wrote:

I'm also fine with this, just would like to avoid some "EOL" tag on 2.0
that
may be considered as lack of support by some corporate users using (old)
maven releases

Sure, we can use a different name. All I meant EOL to mean here was that we
don't plan to make any more releases (unless something is found to be
really, horribly, wrong). EOD (end of development) is probably more
appropriate.

Exactly, and IMO, we're at that point today with 2.0.10

Ok, but are you leaning towards a -0 or a -1 on a 2.0.11 release?

I'm happy to burn the small amount of my time on it and clean up the release process along the way (given the issues we had with 2.2.0).

I'm not looking to add any more changes, just release the 37 already merged in there so we have a proper end point. It should be a short cycle since it's stuff already in 2.1.0+, but there were a couple of critical ones (eg, POM plugin ordering regression) that are worth having IMO.

Cheers,
Brett