On Mon, 2008-03-03 at 15:59 -0500, Leonardo Uribe wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm doing the related tasks of move sandbox components that has
> reached the conditions to be upgraded. Finally the list proposed is
> this:
>
> s:convertBoolean
> s:convertDateTime
> s:convertNumber
> s:form
> s:inputSuggest
> s:inputSuggestAjax
> s:pprPanelGroup
> s:passwordStrength
> s:selectManyPicklist
> s:validateCompareTo
> s:validateCSV
> s:validateUrl (this component has site doc on tomahawk, but the code
> is in sandbox)
>
> If I'm not have objections, I will start with the necessary task for
> move this components (on 1.2 branch only for now).

The list of components is fine. And I very much appreciate all your work
on this and the tomahawk bugs you've been fixing recently.

However at the risk of sounding like a broken record, I would like to
point out that AFAIK there has still been no vote on whether to have a
tomahawk 2.0 at all. And I would vote -1 on such a thing; abandoning
tomahawk users on JSF1.1 would be bad, and the community is just not big
enough to support two parallel tomahawk branches. The fact that you are
about the only person to commit to tomahawk in the last month should
make that obvious. The minor benefits of a JSF1.2-specific tomahawk
branch are far outweighed by the pain.

NB: whether to use code-generation for a tomahawk 1.1.7 release is a
different thing.

Regards,
Simon