On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 4:58 PM, simon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The list of components is fine. And I very much appreciate all your work
> on this and the tomahawk bugs you've been fixing recently.
>
> However at the risk of sounding like a broken record, I would like to
> point out that AFAIK there has still been no vote on whether to have a
> tomahawk 2.0 at all. And I would vote -1 on such a thing; abandoning
> tomahawk users on JSF1.1 would be bad, and the community is just not big
> enough to support two parallel tomahawk branches. The fact that you are
> about the only person to commit to tomahawk in the last month should
> make that obvious. The minor benefits of a JSF1.2-specific tomahawk
> branch are far outweighed by the pain.

I have a different opinion about this. Sooner or later we have to upgrade
this lib (I think better sooner than later).
The component generator does the big part of the update (write component and
tag classes),
only minor changes on the renderers was done to make all examples work (the
big part
of the work is on build module). Move changes from one branch to another
should be an
easy task. Passing tomahawk to 1.2 let us see more bug on myfaces 1.2, and
upgrade
tomahawk 1.1 apps should be easy. JSF 1.2 has more than one year and JSF 2.0is
coming. The only thing to be taken into account is continue doing releases
on
1.1 and that's all.

It's a matter of subjective opinions (all valid of course). But in my humble
opinion, better
move forward than stay quiet. Not one step back, nor to catch momentum.

regards

Leonardo Uribe