I agree with Leonardo totally. Just because you have a 2.0 branch does not mean that you drop support for 1.1. It simply means that things which cannot be made 1.1 compatible continue to migrate and that the stuff which is already in place, embraces any emerging standards. Furthermore, it gives Tomahawk users a much clearer upgrade path into the new technologies. Trinidad, for instance, has had a 1.2 branch for a few months and we are totally seeing enhancements going into both branches. Things go into 1.2 as the exception, not the rule.

I fully support making sure that 1.1 continues to move ahead because 1.1 is MyFace's largest community of users. But PREVENTING projects from moving to the new technology only hurts those renderkits and helps no-one.... One of the key issues with open source is that developers work on what they want/need to work on. If people in the community continue to restrict developers from supporting the new standards for a renderkit, the renderkit will loose developers and support. Instead of having active development in a project with a little more emphasis on the later standards, you'll end up with no development at all.

Just my 2 cents.

Scott