Start voting? ;-)

From: Gerhard Petracek [mailto:gerhard.petra...@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 06, 2009 11:45 AM
To: MyFaces Development
Subject: Re: AW: slf4j and myfaces

yes the -1 vote would be a veto in view of slf4j
-> no agreement -> we would vote about jul.

or as mario suggested - let's start voting about jul.

@mario:
yes - i'll wait until monday for sure. and we should vote a bit longer than
usual - due to holidays (+ it's an important topic for all myfaces projects)

regards,
gerhard

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

2009/6/6 Ganesh <gan...@j4fry.org<mailto:gan...@j4fry.org>>
Hi,

> we could also vote first about slf4j and everybody who prefers jul should
> vote -1
> if we don't have a majority for slf4j, we have to vote about jul.
> is that ok for everybody?
>From http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html my understanding of a -1
>vote is different from this.

<< Vetos

A code-modification proposal may be stopped dead in its tracks by a -1 vote by
a qualified voter. This constitutes a veto, and it cannot be overruled nor
overridden by anyone. Vetos stand until and unless withdrawn by their casters.

To prevent vetos from being used capriciously, they must be accompanied by a
technical justification showing why the change is bad (opens a security
exposure, negatively affects performance, etc.). A veto without a justification
is invalid and has no weight. >>

Better use the fraction system for voting on the logging system:

  * +0: 'I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okey with this.'
  * -0: 'I won't get in the way, but I'd rather we didn't do this.'
  * -0.5: 'I don't like this idea, but I can't find any rational justification
for my feelings.'
  * ++1: 'Wow! I like this! Let's do it!'
  * -0.9: 'I really don't like this, but I'm not going to stand in the way if
everyone else wants to go ahead with it.'
  * +0.9: 'This is a cool idea and i like it, but I don't have time/the skills
necessary to help out.'

Best regards,
Ganesh