čt 27. 2. 2020 v 2:13 odesílatel Laszlo Kishalmi <laszlo.kisha...@gmail.com>
napsal:

> Dear all,
>
> What do you think about stopping support Java 8 as NetBeans runtime from
> 12.1 and on?

-10

OracleLabs is building the GraalVM tools on top of NetBeans Platform. The
tools include such popular applications like VisualVM. As we produce
GraalVM+JDK8 bundle, we need the NetBeans Runtime and applications built on
top of it to run on JDK8. Btw. I am sure other NetBeans Platform users are
in the similar position.

If you want OracleLabs members to contribute to Apache NetBeans, then the
NetBeans Platform (at least, possibly also ide, webcommon and java
clusters) shall compile and execute on JDK8.
-jt

Neil mentioned it in the user's chat first regarding that we have issues