> On Thu, 10 Sep 2020 at 06:53, Laszlo Kishalmi <laszlo.kisha...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Still it is hard to start work on features/fixes that depend on each other.
>
> Agreed.  One way or another we need to have the same fixes in two
> branches so that development and release can progress - either
> master+release or master+next.

I've been a bit busy catching up with other things since 12.1 release,
but I noticed this conversation died off.  As it stands, we'll have a
master freeze in two weeks for 12.2!  I assume we'd like to find a way
to keep code integration / development happening this time though?  I
think we need one or other approach properly documented and put
through a lazy consensus thread so everyone's on board, everyone knows
how it will work (eg. how issue fixes will be managed / kept in sync),
and any infrastructure changes required are considered prior to freeze
date.