On 07.10.21 08:30, Jaroslav Tulach wrote:
So, what specifically needs to be done?
#1 from my perspective: We need support for build pipelines. In particular

```
var ide = buildIDEZip();
var testDist = buildTestDistributionZip();

var moduleSet = [ "platform", "ide", "hints1", "hints2" ];
var jdkSet = [ "jdk8", "jdk11", "jdk17", "jdk-latest" ];

new ForkJoinPool("many parallel executors") (module, jdk) {
    setup jdk

    unzip ide
    unzip testDist

    teste module
}
```

Can that be implemented (easily) in Travis? Not likely. Can that be
implemented easily in GitHub actions (that'd be great, but I doubt).

i think one way of doing this with gh actions is to zip the build and upload it as artifact. Subsequent jobs in the pipeline would use that artifact and continue from there.

https://docs.github.com/en/actions/learn-github-actions/essential-features-of-github-actions#sharing-data-between-jobs

having artifacts would also mitigate the issue of being able to access test results, if they don't end up in the console for whatever reason.

-mbien

  Can that
be implemented in `Jenkinsfile`? Probably.

Can somebody prototype it? That'd be great.
-jt