Dne pátek 24. září 2021 17:25:39 CEST, Eric Barboni napsal(a):
> Hi,
>
> I juste retrieved an old mail for Jaroslav.

;-)

> I'm a bit "irritated" because of
> CI. I'm haunted  by the "restart job button".

I can live with the "restart button", but I agree: Such frequent failures
aren't professional.

> Is a only Apache jenkins build + PR review something we can do ?
> or would we have some limitation and should rely also on GA or travis too?
>

> Hector started something https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/2443 to do
> jenkins PR test.
>
> BUT on jenkins
> This build trigger test error:
> https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Netbeans/job/netbeans-linux/
> ant build test-platform build-nbms generate-uc-catalog build-source-zips
> => 1 issue on
> org.openide.filesystems.annotations.LayerBuilderTest.testSourcePath The
> same ant call on my ubuntu
> => 0 issue
>
> Complicated to trust jenkins too.
> But I would like to see the CI issues tackled so Release Manager,commiter,
> reviewers may have better life :D. ------

+1

My original may was however about "test distribution" - e.g. build the IDE and
the test distribution once, and then use it for running the tests across
different nodes.

Yes, Jenkins pipelines (on Apache own infra) would be ideal for that I think.
-jt