I would prefer to go to Apache Jenkins,

The aim here is not  for PR validation it's more a "nightly" verification ?

Will try to prototype but not sure on how to use the test distribution.

--
My "release manager" POV on why jenkins for that particular aspect.

(I'm not against travis (I prefer it greeeen :D)  or github action. GA may have
some limitation, AFAIK Airflow own private repo on github to make their
workflow.)

It's just that for release we bake the bits on Apache Jenkins with no
"test-platform". We assume travis is ok and netbeans-linux almost ok.
But on netbeans-linux, netbeans-windows on jenkins we have issue we do not have
 on travis.
Example: (more on windows build)
On travis , my own wsl box: the following issue doesn't occurs [1] ,
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/3205. Seems related on how the xml is
generated on the jenkins node.

Best Regards
Eric