Hi all,

There's a recent dscussion (Apr 7) in the "builds.apache.org" mailing list [1] entitled "Increase the number of parallel jobs in GitHub Actions at ASF organization level" that may be of interest to us.

What Greg Stein (ASF Infra, I think) says is that we should be grateful for the free minutes we have in Github Actions, provided by Microsoft, and that these free minutes are finite :-).

Moving unit tests to Github Actions is something that will decrease that finite amount of free minutes, if I understand correctly. Once those free minutes end, the thing will fail (or take longer?).

Kind regards,
Antonio

P.D.: Unit tests are good for us and for our users. Thanks, Junichi, for those in the PHP cluster! Way to go!

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-builds/202104.mbox/%3CCABD8fLXAtLGn5aENjUKWtttVjpE1ezTDteDKMP7NaiBBtRcXRw%40mail.gmail.com%3E