On Thu, 7 Oct 2021 at 10:56, Eric Barboni <sk...@apache.org> wrote:
> I would prefer to go to Apache Jenkins,
>
> The aim here is not  for PR validation it's more a "nightly" verification ?
> My "release manager" POV on why jenkins for that particular aspect.
>
> (I'm not against travis (I prefer it greeeen :D)  or github action. GA may
> have some limitation, AFAIK Airflow own private repo on github to make their
> workflow.)

Yes, think we'd all prefer those be greeeen! :-)

I think we have to be careful with our CI usage, on whatever platform.
And it might be time to consider dropping Travis - interesting stuff
from Airflow around all this, eg. at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/Github+Actions+to+DockerHub

GitHub Actions also gives us the widest OS coverage?

My thought would be -

* Migrate important and stable tests to GitHub Actions for PR validation.
* Drop Travis CI.
* Switch on option for tests to pass before PR merge is enabled.
* Look at a nightly verification step on Jenkins for wider testing,
making sure we have good reporting from it.
* Be more proactive about reverting problem PRs (eg. revert, fix,
re-review rather than fix in place in most cases).

2c