If the setup dialog is seen as useless then why not make it useful?

I still think some additional customization wouldn’t be the end of the world.
When setting up as I recall (see below link for specifics) there is the
following dialogs:

(1) customize dialog
(1a) select specific packs/runtimes
(2) licenses
(3) Netbean home and JDK home
(4) Summary/check for update

For that matter could just as easily open up the Options to allow some
customization and/or Plugins dialog during install?

For that matter IntelliJ allows look and feel customization at setup. It’s not
completely unjustified.

Eric Bresie
ebre...@gmail.com (mailto:ebre...@gmail.com)

https://www.dark-hamster.com/application/how-to-install-netbeans-ide-in-linux-operating-system/