On Fri, 26 Nov 2021 at 10:23, Christian Lenz <christian.l...@gmx.net> wrote:
> I really like the way how IntelliJ does it, it is very user friendly and we
> also have the first dialog which is „Import Settings“. This could be a good
> place to do more custom stuff.

Yes, a single well thought out "user friendly" *replacement* for the
existing 2+ dialogs might be a good idea.  This is what amused me a
little about Jaroslav's "no dialogs", because we already have one
that's problematic and one that's probably useless.  Noise reduction
is a good aim though.

I don't think putting anything in the installers is a good move - this
needs to work however NetBeans is packaged.

Hopefully we can keep that discussion as a next step separate to the
discussion point that started this?! :-)