Von: Eirik Bakke
Gesendet: Samstag, 27. November 2021 16:20
An: dev@netbeans.apache.org
Betreff: RE: Re: [DISCUSS] Default to FlatLaf in NetBeans 13?

I'd say, avoid customization in both the installer and on startup. It's a lot
better to have a robust discussion about defaults here, and then stick to
whatever we decide.

There are hundreds of options that can be customized, and there is real
value-add in _not_ requiring the user (especially new users) to know about or
touch them.

We also don't want a situation where we end up having two different user
interfaces for setting the same options. A user that changed the LAF from a
startup dialog or installer would then have to find and use a _different_ user
interface (the Options dialog) to change it again later.

-- Eirik