On Sat, Feb 2, 2019, 15:43 Emilian Bold <

> If Apache gets more lenient / clear on bundling I could also create a
> 'vanilla NetBeans' package with no bits changed except the additional JDK.
> Although I suspect the general idea is for Oracle or Amazon to do some
> JDK+NetBeans bundle release and not smaller projects.

What does this mean necessarily? My understanding is you could create a
bundler that is clear to spell out it is a bundler, and is just installing
"Apache NetBeans + AdoptOpenJDK" as an example as long as it is just a
redistribution of unchanged parts.

Too, it seems we could provide an installer that downloads the JDK for the
end user, but that also can create and output a bundled installer for that
end user; they would be building and distributing it. They could then place
that on any server they wish, that isn't Apache's, and share that; even use
it to create their Enterprise installers. We could even have that allow all
headless creation to allow it to work in scripted setups such as something
using Ansible. We could even then have Oracle and Amazon use that, but
certainly others like Pivotal or even an arrangement with AdoptOpenJDK to
distribute could be made.

Thanks

Wade