On Sat, 2 Feb 2019 at 22:57, Wade Chandler <wadechand...@apache.org> wrote:
> Too, it seems we could provide an installer that downloads the JDK for the
> end user, but that also can create and output a bundled installer for that
> end user; they would be building and distributing it. They could then place
> that on any server they wish, that isn't Apache's, and share that; even use
> it to create their Enterprise installers.

That's a really interesting idea!  Obviously other people can already
build bundled installers, but as an Apache project we can't do so
directly.  But we should be OK with an installer that can do this as
an optional step on the user side.  Now if that (or related code)
could also create bundles itself, that sounds really useful.  If it
could keep intact a reproducible and/or Apache-signed NetBeans binary
in the process, with some verification, maybe that is at least one
good criteria for allowing bundles to carry the Apache NetBeans + ...
name?

Best wishes,

Neil