On Fri, May 26, 2023 at 3:11 PM Michael Gielda <mgie...@antmicro.com> wrote:

> Hi Alan, nice to meet you Nathan,
>
> Indeed, we discussed with Alan some time ago, having a Nuttx-focused
> dashboard can be done and we assume would be useful. We just didn’t get to
> that as it would have been yet another research project (we are now also
> building a U-Boot dashboard, as we added 64-bit Cortex-A support -
> https://antmicro.com/blog/2023/04/armv8-a-support-in-renode/ - as well as
> Cortex-R). But if there is interest, perhaps it’s worth revisiting the idea.
>
> On our end, we base the simulation platform configuration on Zephyr, so we
> basically need a mapping of platforms in Nuttx to their “Zephyr names” - we
> can start of course with 1-2 and expand to more with time.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Michael

Hey Michael,
I actually had used renode when adding upstream support a few years
ago with the QuickLogic EOS S3, and it was quite helpful.  That's when
I talked a bit about seeing if we could use it as a test platform
here.

One of the reasons I added support to export build artifacts in CI was
to enable having downstream stages that can pick up the already
generated elf.

One thing at the time I hit with the targets I tested was some
assumptions around power and clock management that prevented NuttX
from booting (waiting for status bits usually).  So if we do go down
this route I suspect we will need to upstream some of those bits to
the emulation which I don't recall being too complicated.

If people have a supported platform they would like to see I would be
happy to wire a proof of concept through.

--Brennan