On Tue, May 23, 2023 at 6:12 AM Brennan Ashton
<bash...@brennanashton.com> wrote:
> I have also asked in the past about cutting down on the amount of configs
> we have checked in to be something like
>
> board:nsh -- only nsh and somewhat small
> board:jumbo -- nsh, plus as many features as can fit and are interesting in
> the platform.
>
> For sim and some other targets it would make sense to have more targets,
> but not for every board.

The idea of "board:jumbo" is very similar to what I was saying
earlier. Maybe it will allow us to test fewer boards in less time but
still get better test coverage. I am in favor of *better* test
coverage, not less test coverage!!

In the past, we talked about having some tests in CI for each PR, and
then a bigger nightly test that builds all boards/configs like Greg
used to do before releases. I don't think that ever happened, but ASF
has a build farm separate from GitHub that we might use, or we could
request from INFRA a virtual machine to set up a complete environment.
Maybe that's something to think about.

Cheers,
Nathan