It's fine with me. I just want to be sure the commit doesn't break anything.

That you very much for your help with this! The fact that it is moving so quickly is simultaneously exciting and scary. ;)

Jacopo Cappellato wrote:

For what I understand, the blog stuff is still experimental, and by the way it is not a big issue if it gets decorated in an ugly way during the transition. So I'd suggest to go on and commit this work (as soon as I'll find some time to do a bit more tests). Is it ok for you? Or would you prefer to work more on your patches... I really don't want to put pressure on you.

Jacopo

Adrian Crum wrote:

David just mentioned the Tree Widget being used by the blog. Maybe we just need to include the basic-tree class.

Jacopo Cappellato wrote:

Adrian,

do we really need them?
The ecommerce is not using the widgets and at first look it is working fine.

Jacopo

Adrian Crum wrote:

Jacopo,

Please don't commit it until the new styles are added to ecommain.css.

-Adrian

Jacopo Cappellato wrote:

Adrian Crum wrote:

I think it would be best if we could hold off on committing OFBIZ-754 and OFBIZ-671 for a little while longer. I have been refactoring the Party Manager component as a test bed for the UI refactoring initiative, and even though that work is nearly done, I'm still finding ways to improve the main style sheet and widgets. Bottom line is, they aren't fully cooked.

I've applied the new styles:

the form widget refactoring:

and the party example:

and they all seem pretty good to me.
I'd suggest to commit everything to svn and then force the community to test it ;-) In this way we will get more feedback and will speed up the refinement of this effort. I can commit the work if there are no objections, but before I go on I'd love to get committers' feedback, especially on OFBIZ-671.

Jacopo

From my perspective, the ideal scenario would be to have another contributor take on one of the other components and start refactoring it using the new style sheet and widgets. They can see if there is anything lacking in the new versions and improve upon what I've done so far (if necessary). When they give a nod of approval, then we can get the new style sheet and widgets committed to the project.

If anyone has a better plan, please suggest it.