Hi Mathieu,

I was in fact asking for the discussion and review process to the changes already introduced and committed in the mentioned Jira.

It's a good approach to let fellow committers review such work before it gets committed to the codebase.

This change will affect existing productive installations and should not be made without proper documentation and clear instructions for the user on how to migrate their installation to the new mechanism.

To me it is not clear what we are gaining with this change.  We are removing one tag which is used and stable for years and introduce another one which was not used before. Users are forced to migrate their installations if they had custom modifications.

I did not look deeply into the changes yet but it looks strange that a component like "product" or "order" only depends on "humanres". In fact, they have more dependencies like "party". Given that "depends-on" really means what it says and has a real difference to the component-load.xml approach.

The component-load.xml mechanism clearly shows the loading order of the components which is an advantage over the cluttered information of the depends-on mechanism. You will have to analyze every ofbiz-component to see what's going on.

IMO these examples show that is in fact worth a discussion and should not be a lone decision of a single committer.

I would like to see this being reverted and proposed for discussion and review before this is going to be introduced into the codebase.

Thanks you,

Michael