Hello,

@Michael: I would like to know if you intend to provide an explanation
regarding why it matters in production environments to be able to patch
“framework/component-load.xml” and “applications/component-load.xml” ?
This would help determining what should be done regarding [1] (meaning
documentation, reverting, migration guide, ...).  Sorry if I am pressing
you but I need that the discussion moves forward.

If not I would like to refocus the discussion on the next step which is
about the propositions of:

1. Removing “base/config/component-load.xml” and hard-code the
   ["framework", "themes", "applications", "plugins"] sequence with the
   new requirement that extensions must be done inside “plugins” as long
   as we don't have a location-independent extension mechanism [2].

2. Removing the “component-load.xml” feature which provides a mechanism
   to define an arbitrary order for a set of components inside a
   directory to bypass the “smart loading” derived from functional
   component dependency declarations. This removal is a pre-requisite to
   implement a location-independent extension mechanism [2].

Are there any objection regarding those 2 propositions ?

[1]
https://github.com/apache/ofbiz-framework/commit/eeabe69813a1d9f42911dec70a912574046ef49b
[2]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/c2612f1e296b6ea15872185871d3a9d83d6a4afc6d2a76f7a336a126%40%3Cdev.ofbiz.apache.org%3E

--
Mathieu Lirzin
GPG: F2A3 8D7E EB2B 6640 5761  070D 0ADE E100 9460 4D37