Hello Michael,

Michael Brohl <michael.br...@ecomify.de> writes:

> I am still not sure why we need the new mechanism.
>
> And if we decide to use both, we should make sure that the old version
> is the default at least for the lifecycle of one release with proper
> an clear dopcumentation for users.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Michael
>

> PS: I'm asking myself why some people have such a big problem
> reverting their work if others object against it. If there was no
> review/discussion/consensus for a new feature, it should simply not go
> into the codebase and should at least be reverted if there are
> objections.
>
> It's tiring to discuss this afterwards and if the people objecting are
> not persistent enough, the code simply stays.

I have personally no problem reverting things.  If you look at the ‘git
log’ you will see some recent reverts I have made.  I just need to
understand the actual objection before reverting [1].

Since your argument seems to be about the “impacts on users” an
explanation regarding what you or others are actually achieving when
patching the “framework/component-load.xml” and
“applications/component-load.xml” would help me understand the issue,
because I honestly do not see why the loading order/mechanism of
“framework” or “applications” should not be considered an implementation
detail.

By the way to give more context on my perspective, the usage of
<depends-on> instead of “component-load.xml” in the
framework/applications directories is related to the implementation of
the work described in a previous discussion [2] because it defines a
location independent an extensible component loading order.

HTH,

[1]
https://github.com/apache/ofbiz-framework/commit/eeabe69813a1d9f42911dec70a912574046ef49b
[2]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/c2612f1e296b6ea15872185871d3a9d83d6a4afc6d2a76f7a336a126%40%3Cdev.ofbiz.apache.org%3E

--
Mathieu Lirzin
GPG: F2A3 8D7E EB2B 6640 5761  070D 0ADE E100 9460 4D37