Hello Mathieu, Michael, All

I was involved in some of the biggest changes in the framework
(gradle, unit tests, start component, core framework, etc ...) and
every time it involved a good deep discussion on the mailing list
trying to reach consensus before implementation.

So I recommend always treading carefully when doing larger changes and
getting others involved. Sometimes people surprise you with better or
simpler solutions if you give them the opportunity to express their
opinion.

Now regarding completely replacing the component-load.xml with
depends-on, I'm not sure this makes much sense at the core framework
level for a few reasons:

- First I don't think this issue is linear. It is possible for
example, to speed up the startup time of the system by running things
in parallel where possible
- Also, the multi-threaded portion of the system (some of it using the
executor framework in java.util.concurrent) needs to be studied
carefully to see how the loading sequence is best optimized
- Finally, I'm just not convinced of either approach (depends-on or
container-load) for core framework functionality. We need a better
solution that handles the core quite differently (without the need for
a component concept).

So a better refactoring IMHO on the core level involves an
architecture that does not necessarily comply with the component
concept, and we can proceed with the original plan of further breaking
down the system into a core deplorable framework, core components, and
plugins.