This is one of the big reasons what I love and hate community driven software. I don't see how what Andrew did is bad. Even though it was personal communication but I know Andrew only started after Adrian and Jacques showed interest by commenting on the page. Andrew has been actively explaining his idea all this time. The work done till date is not blocking anybody, old security system is still in place. New system is implemented in example component so its lot easy for him to explain and people to understand.

People have different ways of working in community, Joe is committer still all the time he creates Jira issue and uploads his patch and most of time its somebody else who does commits, but that's his way of working. If we don't do what Joe does then why should Andrew do what Adrian does.

I don't see any reason why we should start over. All the time we talk about making things easy so people will contribute, Why do you want to resist a seasoned contributer for working. I'll rather have expect community will support. All the time he has been asking people to tell him suggestions, wish list etc. Why not support him and get more out of him instead.

Regards
Anil Patel