Understood.

I remember sitting next to you at the developer's conference, and watching you
work. I experienced firsthand your "masochistic urge to work on something which
did not already have some sort of design." I asked you for help, and you gave
me links that pointed me right to the answer. I really appreciated that. I
admire you and I respect you. Please understand that.

Before I got involved with OFBiz I worked as an independent programmer - I
didn't have to answer to anyone. I could do my own thing. Like you, I had the
"masochistic urge to work on something which did not already have some sort of
design." I didn't consult with anyone - I just came up with a design and wrote
the code for it.

Working with the OFBiz community has taught me the value of community. It has
changed my ways. I started off with suggesting my "superior designs" (that I
emailed to David, and I am embarrassed to read today) and they were critiqued,
in a stern yet polite way. Yet I accepted those critiques. In the years that
followed, David and I would disagree about many things, but I never ignored his
advice or his opinions - I would always consider them carefully.

So that's all I'm suggesting now. Please understand that you are respected for
who you are - one of the founders of the project. Please understand that you
are respected for your talent. But also, please understand that we are a
community.

I want to help with this effort. There is nothing that would satisfy me more
than all of us working together on the refactoring of OFBiz security. All I ask
is that we back off for a little while and let the community offer their
comments, suggestions, and recommendations - even if it means discarding
"superior designs." Together, we can take those comments, suggestions, and
recommendations, and use them to redesign OFBiz security in a way that will
meet the needs of the community and impress the world at large.

-Adrian